Rottweiler, a.k.a. Rottie or Rott, is a medium to large sized dog that originated in Rottweil, Germany and was mainly used for cattle herding. The Rottweiler is one of the top 10 smartest dogs, and has the strongest bite out of all domestic dogs. The average male weighs 110lbs and the average female weighs 93lbs. (Some of us are above average)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thor's luxurious pillow

So last week, after I went to bed, I ditched my pillow early on. As the story goes, my husband tells me that my pillow somehow made it down to my feet by the time he came to bed. Well then at about 4 o'clock in the morning I was sleeping lightly, I knew there was a presence of a pillow near my head, and then all of a sudden my husband, lying on this belly, took it away and grasped it in a bear hug. "He just took my pillow!" I thought to myself. I'm not much of a morning person, and I could really care less about how someone else's morning goes, I attempt to yank the pillow back into my possession. However, he now has a death grip on the thing, so I began to poke him to wake him up. "What?", he says in a half-asleep tone. "You took my pillow!" I exclaimed. "No I didn't, your pillow's on the floor". I then reached down to feel for my pillow and I feel the dogs head. "I think Thor's on it". Travis then turns on a light, and sure enough, I found Thor like this....

He was using the pillow like a human does! I don't know if he decided to use it to cushion and elevate his head because he's observed us sleeping for the past 2 years, of if he came up with it on his own. However, at this point he's had possession of my king sized pillow for the majority of the night, and I didn't care to have it back with dog hair on it. I was getting up in an hour anyways, so I let him use it for the rest of the morning.

A couple days later I decided I could be a nice owner and give him an old flat pillow that had been retired and taking up space in the spare room. So I put an old pillow case on it and placed it on the dog bed. Before I went to bed, Thor had already found the pillow and tucked himself in...
Now every night he curls up next to the pillow and places his head on it; and that's where he stays all night long. Very content might I add.

No comments:

Post a Comment