Rottweiler, a.k.a. Rottie or Rott, is a medium to large sized dog that originated in Rottweil, Germany and was mainly used for cattle herding. The Rottweiler is one of the top 10 smartest dogs, and has the strongest bite out of all domestic dogs. The average male weighs 110lbs and the average female weighs 93lbs. (Some of us are above average)

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bigger than a dust bunny

When I was a little girl, dogs and cats were never allowed in the house. Other than the fact that my dad grew up on a farm where farm animals stay outside, I never understood the reasoning. So when I got my own dog and my own house, I had the power to make my own rules, and I did. My dog was allowed to eat, sleep, and play in my house. Then I got a second dog, and then a third dog. Then it started to make sense, could it have been a cleaning issue?
I would say, at most households, the floors are swept and vacuumed for dirt. Well, at my household, our floors are swept and vacuumed for dog hair. If you drop a piece of food on my floor, there is no ten second rule, it's just a goner. The dogs aren't allowed on furniture, so the hair doesn't get on our clothing. But if you walk in your sock on my floor, you will end up having dog hair stuck to them. Slippers are a highly favored item in this household. Once I put my socks on, I put my feet into my slippers. Then when I'm ready to leave the house I take my feet out of the slippers and put them directly into my shoes. Then when I get home, I take off my shoes and put them directly back into my slippers. I can only vouch for myself, I don't know if my husband has such a strict ritual. Also, if I'm barefoot and I'm going to bed, I brush my feet off before I get under the covers, just in case some hair got stuck to my foot. As crazy as it may sound, the joy of having my dogs in the house out weighs the troubles I have with dog hair.
In a weeks time, I have many dust bunnies, but I like to think of them as a hybrid dust bunny, for this reason. "A dust bunny are small clumps of dust that form under furniture and in corners that are not cleaned regularly. They are made of hair, lint, dead skin, spider web, dust, and sometimes light rubbish and debris, and are held together by static electricity and felt-like entanglement." First of all, I find my dust bunnies in high traffic areas, not in neglected corners. Secondly, they are cleaned up regularly. Thirdly, they are made of mostly hair because the rest of the ingredient hardly have a chance accumulate in between cleanings. So maybe mine are "Hare" bunnies, instead of dust bunnies. Regardless of what you call it, I've never seen a dust bunny as big as the ones that develop at my house.

Here's a sample of a "hare" bunny that I swept up from my bedroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment